Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup technique that consists of using a hand tool with microfine needles that help create natural-looking scrapes in the client’s brow area creating an appearance of 3D hair strokes on the brow. The tool is dipped in pigment then used on the skin, inserting pigment in the topmost layer of the skin, filling the brow giving sparse eyebrows a complementary shape. The procedure takes about 2 – 3 hours based on the extent of work required and then depending on the client’s skin type and care, the pigment will fade slowly over 18 – 24 months.
An anesthetic is applied to the client’s brows during the process, Microblading is not painful but can be slightly uncomfortable to those who are sensitive. Healing takes about 5 – 12 days, during which the clients eyebrows will appear to be the lightest tones as the color is getting absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin, later the skin cells push the color back to the upper layer and once the healing process has completed the client can enjoy beautiful natural-looking eyebrows.
A touch-up is included 4 – 6 weeks after the initial treatment to give the brows a crisper look a touch up is recommended 4-6 weeks after initial treatment. During the clients touch up, the Microblading artist will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color.
Semi-permanent make-up like Microblading, Combo Brows or Ombre Brows is not suitable for you, if you are:
- Have skin issues
- Taking blood-thinners or have bleeding disorders, serious diseases or autoimmune disorder (doctors note is required)
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoid (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
Who can benefit from Brow semi-permanent makeup?
- People with not much time to apply makeup
- People who have allergies to conventional makeup
- People who suffer from alopecia or any other hair loss
- People who have survived cancer or burns
- People who simply want to enhance their natural appearance